Don’t you I like your clothing budget dollars to go as far as they can?? I do! So one of my requirements for new items to be added to my wardrobe is that they must be versatile. I ask myself if an item I’m coveting can be worn at least three different ways. I try to keep “one hit wonders” out of my closet.
This is one of those items. I got this dress from JC Penney’s Boutique+ plus size line. I love the fabric and fit, it floats across my body barely touching it and has a lot of swing and movement when I walk. And it’s simple without being boring – the lace-up detail at the neck gives it a little sumpn-sumpn. And it dresses up and down very nicely. I’ve styled it here for a date look, out for a drink with friends, and a comfortable work look.
For the date look, I’ve worn it with over the knee boots and a slightly sparkly cardigan…some swingy earrings and a little arm bling.
I would wear the next look out in the evening for cocktails with friends (anyone wanna go out for cocktails?), with my faux leather moto jacket, black booties…and dangly brushed silver earrings that I forgot to photograph. Bad blogger. Bad!
And lastly, a comfortable work or afternoon at the coffee shop outfit. A cozy longline cardigan, low-heeled booties and this darling ring my daughter got for me.
I’d like to thank my blogger friend Marcy of Fearlessly Just Me who took these photographs – she did a really good job, don’t you think?
What I’m Wearing:
- Wine swing dress from JC Penney Boutique+, 3x. No longer available – comparable here and here in plus size and here and here in straight size.
- Black sequin cardigan, 3x, TJ Maxx (old), comparable here and here in plus size and here and here in straight size.
- Black stretchy-back boots, Avenue (old), comparable here and here.
- Black Bongo faux leather moto jacket (old), comparable here and here in plus size and here and here in straight size.
- Black faux leather Myla booties, Avenue (old). Comparable here and here.
- Taupe longline duster cardigan, INC from Macy*s (old). Comparable here and here in plus size and here and here in straight size.
This post contains affiliate links, which means that I may receive a small commission if you click on them and/or buy something as a result of clicking that link.