Spring at last! The time has come for light layers and bright springy colors! And on a more philosophical level, a sort of rebirth for me from all the nonsense of last year, illness and treatments and worry…then ridiculous foot pain all winter into the spring…so many things keeping me indoors and inactive and feeling down. There are also some other personal things that are finally reaching resolution this year, so I’m seeing some light at the end of a long dark tunnel. Sorry to be so oh woe is me but it is what it is. But there’s an end in sight – to sprinter (spring + winter) and to me feeling so MEH.
And this outfit is anything but meh. I’ve shared this “bright but dark” top before here and here. You can see how versatile it is in that I’ve worn it with black jeans, medium wash denim, and now white denim. I think the top would also look nice over a white peasant/boho style skirt like this, amiright? How nice would that be for summer evenings on the beach? Oohhhh…summer evenings on the beeeaaacchhhhhh. I can’t wait!!!
It’s still a little chilly early and late in the day and a light jacket is called for, Just in Case. I’m the queen of Just in Case.
This army green jacket is a couple years old from Target’s Ava & Viv plus-size brand. It’s very lightweight Tencel, a sustainable fabric regenerated from wood cellulose. It’s similar in feel to rayon or bamboo, in that it has that same drapey characteristic.
I was never really a white jeans gal but now I feel like they go with just about everything! How do you feel about white jeans?
I’m trying to get away from wearing my plain silver disc earrings Every Single Day, so these little dangly silver and turquoise ones are on frequent rotation. Can’t you just see my hair being a teal blue?? I’m thissssss close.
Thanks to my pal Linda for taking these pictures. We had a nice dinner after. I took a picture of my food and thought of Nancy of Nancy’s Style, who commented recently that it’s not a great idea to read my blog when you’re hungry (mostly my Week in Review posts) cuz I’m always posting pictures of the places we go to eat and the yummy things we have! So I will refrain. This time. Just so she can get ahold of herself 🙂 (GET AHOLD OF YOURSELF, NANCY!!!)
What I’m Wearing:
- American Rag floral border printed tunic, via Gwynnie Bee, 3x. Sold out, comparable here and here in plus sizes and in straight sizes here and here.
- White Gloria Vanderbilt Amanda tapered jeans, size 22short. From Amazon
- Pink velcro Vans Ward V sneaker, from DSW
- Dangly turquoise earrings from Forever 21, no longer available. Comparable here and here and if you prefer gold to silver, here
- Army green Ava & Viv/Target Tencel jacket, size 24. Old, comparable plus sizes here and here and straight sizes here and here
I’m linking up today with:
- Sam of Fake Fabulous and her Fake It Until You Make It Link Up
- Emma Peach over at Style Splash for her Style with a Smile linkup
- Shelbee of Shelbee on the Edge and her #SpreadTheKindness Link Up
If you want to find some new bloggers to check out and maybe follow, visiting the link-ups is a great way to see a lot of different bloggers in one space.
This post contains affiliate links, which means that I may receive a small commission if you click on them and/or buy something as a result of clicking that link.