It’s that time of year again where we’re reminded to be thankful for all that we have in our lives. Obviously that’s something we should be doing all year ’round but…we get busy, we have lives, demands on us, blah blah blah. And we forget. So I’m glad there’s a holiday. To remind us: Be Thankful.
My Top Five Things to be Thankful For (sorry, My Top Five Things For Which I Am Thankful. Nope. Not doing it. I know its right. But I’m not doing it.)
- My health. After a difficult year, I am finally almost back to normal (well, health-wise, anyway).
- The people who were so kind and thoughtful and helpful when I was sick this year. I felt an outpouring of love and support that I’ve never experienced before and for that I am thankful. Cuz I really needed it!
- I’m so thankful that Caleb is still with me. Last year about this time I never would have expected it, but with the support of good friends and some miraculous meds, he’s still going.
- I’m thankful that my daughter (while too far away from her Mama) is doing well. Well-employed, self-sufficient, making friends wherever she goes, traveling. She’s doing all right, that kid of mine. I’m so so proud of her.
- I’m thankful for my new apartment…and hand-in-hand with that, for my friend who bought this house and invited me to move here. I feel so so good here. It’s a wonderful sanctuary.
What are *you* thankful for??
This is a perfect “just slightly chilly” fall outfit. The floral top is a sleeveless summer top that is always flattering as it does not cling to lumps and bumps, it hangs away from the body slightly, which is perfect if you have a bit of a tummy. The duster cardigan is a lightweight fleece that is cozy but not too warm. Skinny jeans and taupe booties round out this easy-to-wear outfit.
What I’m Wearing
- Bobeau (via Nordstrom Rack) top, old, similar here or here
- Rainbow fleece rust cardigan, size 2x
- Charlotte Russe Refuge cropped skinny jeans, old, similar here
- Taupe booties, similar here or here
Thanks to my friend/landlady/photographer Karen for taking these pictures!
I’m linking up today with Emma Peach over at Style Splash for her “Style with a Smile” linkup – go take a look at her site for great style ideas for us…uhm…EXPERIENCED ladies 🙂 as well as all the other linked-up blogs!