While I’m the first to rail against the end of summer, even I must admit that the season is definitely winding down. It’s still miserably hot and humid, but NY is like a ghost town with so many people away, grabbing their last chance for a summer vacation. Some trees are already dropping their heat-browned leaves. Next week I’ll have to leave my house earlier in the morning to again compete for road space with school buses, teachers, and parents dropping kids off. The end’s not near…it’s here. So many endings recently. I’m melancholy.
Some friends and I took a drive out east last week to Springs, which is a lesser known part of East Hampton township. We enjoyed the quiet seaside roads, deer grazing at woods’ edge, an old bridge crossing a pond, the gentle dusk sky and late dinner at a busy diner.
We got home late and I was exhausted. I was grateful for a good night’s sleep that night.
What I wore:
- B Bobeau collection plus size kimono via Gwynnie Bee. Also in straight size.
- White rayon jersey tee from H&M< size 4x. So silky smooth! Similar in straight size.
- Plus size high rise skinny jeans, size 22 short, from Charlotte Russe.
- Old, old Mephisto footbed slides. Comparable.
- Vintage Jacqueline Ferrar straw crochet tote bag via eBay. Comparable available right now, here. Or search “Vintage Crochet Straw Bag Tote” on ebay, etsy, poshmark, etc.
I’m linking up today with:
- Shelbee and her Link-up on the Edge
- Nancy and her Fancy Friday Link-up
- Rachael and her Weekend Wear Link-Up
- Tina and her Friday Link-up
Thanks to Linda and The Friend Who Shall Remain Nameless for the outfit photos. The rest of the photography is mine.
This post contains affiliate links, which means that I may receive a small commission if you click on them and/or buy something as a result of clicking that link.