While I’ve been a fan of reading blogs about various topics for a lonnng time, I’ve recently gotten turned onto watching YouTube vlogs. Watching style vlogs has become my evening dinner companion. Some people are addicted to reality television – I’m addicted to watching shopping hauls, seasonal capsule wardrobes and fitting room try-ons.
I thought I would share some of my favorite vloggers with you!
- Fat Girl Flow Carissa is so down-to-earth and really real. She does great online shopping haul videos and is very body positive. I just love her attitude!
- CeCe Olisa: The Plus Size Princess Look, this gal got me to do EXERCISE. What’s not to love?? She does in-store fitting room videos, workout videos, lookbooks and more.
- Learning to Be Fearless Alexandra is THE most darling girl! If my mother was alive she’d say, “go make friends with that cute Alexandra!” She looks amazing in pretty much everything and her hair and makeup skills are incredible. She’s a real life pretty pretty princess.
Capsule Wardrobe/Ethical Fashion (while I haven’t actually *committed* to shopping more ethically…it’s rolling around in my brain and eventually….)
- My Green Closet Watching Verena’s vlogs is almost like meditating…she’s lovely and speaks in such a gentle way about living a simpler more ethical life. I feel better about myself just *watching* her.
- Viviana Does Makeup I have really tried to not even Go There with the makeup videos, but I do enjoy watching the Viviana Does Style videos about her capsule wardrobe/wardrobe makeovers. Her outfit videos usually have me yelling at the computer “WHY DON’T ZARA/REISS/WHISTLES HAVE PLUS SIZES?!?” because I love EVERYTHING she wears.
- Mademoiselle More capsule and ethical fashioning…but she’s also into Project 333 which is a whole *other* topic for me to get obsessed over…
Hair. Sigh. This is the most frustrating category for me because while I long to wear THE MESSY BUN my hair just doesn’t want to do that. I keep watching the video tutorials, though, and hopefully will someday hear the magic words that will make it all click for me.
- The Small Things Blog Okay, aside from her simple and lovely hair and makeup tutorials, Katie just feels like your best friend, know what I mean? She’s the cutest, her husband and little boys are the cutest, her house is the cutest. I’ve been following her blog and Instagram for years.
If any of these are new to you, I hope you’ll give watching them a try…and I would love to hear some of *your* favorites!