I have a friend who once asked me, when I was having so much trying to find something that fit, why I keep shopping at “Jr.” stores.
It’s not that I shop just at junior stores, cuz I don’t…I shop EVERYWHERE. I’ll try ANYTHING to find Just the Right Thing. Jr stores, “mature” stores, plus size sections, straight size sections, thrift stores, vintage shops, etc.
This kimono is from the straight size section of Forever 21. It doesn’t close in front…but it doesn’t need to!
Think about how you’re going to wear an item:
- If it doesn’t need to button or close in some way in the front, you can go with a smaller size than you typically wear.
- Certain shapes, like swing and trapeze dresses, are roomier than a shift or fit’n’flare, so you can maybe get away with a smaller size there.
- A knit fabric with stretch can cover a lot of territory, so give a straight size a try.
Try not to limit yourself to only shopping in certain kinds of stores or certain sections…always make at least a quick check of the other areas…you never know what you might find!
What I’m Wearing:
- Forever 21 black rose kimono, size large
- Charlotte Russe Refuge high waist cropped jeans, size 24
- Rainbow Shops white poncho top, size 3x
Many thanks to my wonderful daughter who spent this day with me and stepped in as photographer as needed. xoxo