I am actually NOT a “bag” lady. I’m in awe of women who change their bags out daily to coordinate with their outfits, switching necessities back and forth. To be perfectly honest, I’m way too lazy for that! But I’d like to be a little more “accessory-coordinated,” and have some *fun* bags. Uhm. Purses. Fun purses.
I tend to find one bag that works for me and use it til it’s falling apart. I have so many “must haves” that it’s difficult to find something appropriate.
- Must at least have the option of being cross body. I have sort of sloping shoulders I guess and bags on my shoulder just slip off and I need to have my hands free cuz I’m always carrying a million things in and out of the car.
- Not leather but attractive.
- Easy to get in and out of.
- Durable. I don’t want to have to be so careful and worry about scuffing it.
- I need to like the way it looks!
- It should be proportionate to my frame. I love a teeny tiny purse, really a “wallet on a leash,” but I think that looks silly on my body.
- The first bag I buy must be a season-appropriate neutral.
So yesterday, with no forethought or planning (GASP), I perused the pocketbooks at TJ Maxx. I tried to not overthink it and just grab anything that ticked all my boxes.
And here they are:
I brought home two to look at with some fall outfits. What are your thoughts? If I could only keep one, which one should stay and why??
Are you a one-bag woman or do you switch out multiples depending on your outfit?